This page serves as a manual for the Ariga platform as well as provide best practices guideline for Ariga partners.
Update store information
Update your store profile information by going to Manage Store > Settings
The details you need to update are
- Store banner
- Profile picture
- Store Name
Once you have filled in all this information, click Update Settings at the bottom of the page.
- Please do not update any other information at this point as per our Ariga Partner Policy.
Adding New Products
Step 1 – Product Dashboard
To start adding new products, first, go to Manage Store > Products then click the “Add new product” button at the top right
Step 2 – Product Information
- You will then see the Add New product pop-up window. Click “Upload a product cover image”
- Once a featured image is set, you can add additional images by clicking the “+” button under the main image upload
Please ensure that images meet the requirement below to ensure your product display is approved in a timely manner.
RequirementsIn order for photos to be approved for your product, the following requirements must be met.
- Shot in portrait mode
- Must not be blurry
- Must have sufficient lighting
- At least one picture should be a full view of the product
- If a model is used, the model must be modest in dressing
SuggestionIn addition to the above requirements here are some suggestions you might want to consider.
- You can use any type of background, but we recommend using a background that does not drown out your designs. For example, if you have a dark coloured product, you should have a brightly lit background so that the product is fully visible.
- You can also choose to use a mannequin instead of a model.
- We suggest you take pictures of specific parts of the product so that customers can see details you would like to highlight. e.g the sleeve or lace details.
- We also recommend that you choose a theme/style for the way you take the pictures of the product so that your store is more memorable to the customers and the display of your products in the store is more cohesive.
- Product name
- Short description
Step 3 – Product Description
- You will then be redirected to the Edit Product page
- For Product Type, choose “Variable”
- For the Description; please use the product description template in the section below by copying into the description section and editing the information to correctly represent your product.
Step 4 – Product Sizing
- In the Attribute section, click on the drop-down list and choose “Size” then click Add Attribute. You will then get something like the following:
- Tick “Used for variations” as per the picture above.
- Next, click “Select All” button. You will then see all possible sizes listed in the Value(s) section. Remove the values that do not apply to your product by clicking the “x” on the values.
- Click “Save Attribute”
- You will then see a new option like below where you should choose “Create variations from all attributes” and click “Go”. You can also choose the default size for your product.
- Next, you will find the sizes listed like below, click the downward arrow.
- You will then get a window that looks like below:
Step 4 – Additional Details
In addition to the information in step 3, you can input additional details such as the following:
The SKU can be in any format you would like, but we suggest using something that is easily understandable like your brand name then product number. e.g ARIGA0012
Quantity Quantity is the number of available products you have in stock. If you don’t keep products in stock, we suggest you do not tick the Enable product stock management and leave it like the image below. This is because when you Enable product stock management, the number of products will automatically reduce when someone makes a purchase and you might end up having the product displayed and Out of Stock and might deter customers from ordering your product.
Discount Options Input Discounted Price and schedule a date period for the discount
Linked Products In the Linked Products section you can input Upsells and/or Cross-sells
Up-sells Products that you recommend instead of the currently viewed product. This can be products that are more expensive or have a higher profit margin.
Cross-sells Products that you promote in the cart, based on the current product. They are typically complementary items.
! This is an optional note to send the customer after they purchase the product.
Step 5 – Submit for Review
When you are done, click Save Product to save the changes you have made. We will then review your entry and publish it in 1 working day. You can go back and edit any products by going to Manage Store > Products.